Friday, November 7, 2008

BIG ON TRADITION



So I may be silly but I like tradition. This shirt is a family shirt. It started as my nephew, Jonathan's shirt. He is now 12. Then it was my niece, Alexa's shirt. And, of course, Kylie and now Spencer's shirt. My dad has always been into cars and he couldn't resist this shirt for his grandbabies. Of course, at the time it was bought, only Jonny was in the picture. This shirt has been through many jars of baby food, drooling mouths, and of course lots of spitting up (especially from the master of spitting up--Spencer). We also have a Harley Davidson jacket that Spencer will be modeling very soon. I can't help my illness of tradition. I don't know why but it is just my thing. I also have a must when it comes to Thanksgiving and Christmas. Right after halloween I decorate for Thanksgiving. I don't have much but I do put a couple things out. Then the day of Thanksgiving is when we decorate for Christmas. Although I would love to do it before Thanksgiving I feel we shouldn't take away from Thanksgiving. So after dinner we run to the attic and pull everything down and start decorating. From then until January 2 we stay decorated. Here are some other tradtions:

  • Watch every Christmas show possible as many times as we can.
  • Drive around on Christmas Eve to look at Christmas lights.
  • Make cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve day
  • Write a note to Santa on Christmas Eve
  • Read T'was the Night Before Christmas on Christmas Eve
  • Get up around 5:00am on Christmas morning
  • Pray for snow everyday (people growl at me for that)
  • Play Christmas music at night while we sleep(mainly Bing Crosy, Frank Sinatra)

Most of these things have been a tradition since I was a little girl. The thing I like the most was having my dad read T'was the Night Before Christmas to me and my sister. I very much like to see Paul reading it to Kylie (and soon to Spencer) on Christmas Eve. It means alot to me to keep traditions going.

Now after all this talk about Christmas I am getting way too excited. My picture of poor Spencer really has no significance now. Oh well, he's still a cute little thing.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

He is a cute little things. And I am with you on traditions...gotta have them:-)

Ashley B said...

You are a dork--It kinda all relates-- I think somewhere in there you just got really excited about Christmas and a little sidetracked :)-- but that's our Stace :) --Our favorite tradition is putting up the Christmas Village we just haven't found the perfect time of the year to do it --I think last year we had it up by now