Friday, November 7, 2008

My Ruined Mailbox


So I am minding my own business on Friday trying to do some housework when my doorbell rings. It was a neighbor telling me my mailbox has been run over. I look over and it is laying completely on its side and bent all up. Even the base which is in concrete is out of the ground. She pointed to the truck that ran over it. I took off walking towards the truck. What would I say? I didn't want to be rude but my mailbox was ruined. I could never be rude. I was afraid to approach him. What if he denied it? Then what would I say? I was talking on the phone to Rebecca at the time. She was coaching me on what to say until my range ended on my phone. When I got up to the guy he was on the phone telling his superiors what had happened. He finally said he would come down and take pictures and get my name, etc. When he was giving me his name and phone number he stated that he hoped he wouldn't get fired over this. What if he does? That would be horrible! Poor guy. Should I just forget about it and pay for it myself? I don't have a clue how much a new one would be. I do know it has to match the other mailboxes in the neiborhood. I guess I need to contact the homeowners association. Any advice?

4 comments:

Ashley B said...

stand up for your rights-- don't you dare pay for it-- that could be milk money-- that man should be more careful- if he loses his job over a mailbox-- then he has more issues at work than we know of--

WV Girl said...

That could be true.

mindy said...

So....what happened??? Did he pay for it?

WV Girl said...

I never heard from those people again and I haven't had time to contact them. I guess i will just replace it myself.