Wednesday, September 17, 2008

smile to my face

Today was a rough day of moving into the new office. Paul had to work from home because Spencer woke up in the middle of the night with a terrible, terrible whooping cough which made me think of croup. It sounded worse than Kylie has ever sounded with it. Paul took him to the doctor and by the time he got him there he sounded so much better. Now I feel like a fool. But he really did sound terrible. He didn't even look good. I guess he is going to be like Kylie and be very hard to distinguish if he is sick or not. I hope the doctor does not think I am crazy.

I got home from a very long day of work (which we will probably be working all weekend) and Kylie brought a smile to my face as usual. She immediately got her homework done and packed her lunch. She likes to do it herself (for now!). Then, this evening she started talking about Adam and Eve. She retold the story to me. It was so cute hearing her talk about the asp (she had to tell Paul what an asp is) and how they should not have listened to the asp. She is so animated when she tells her stories. She added into the story (which she has brought up before) about how she shouldn't watch Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents too much because they say the word STUPID. She begged me not to get mad at her for saying that word. She said, "Now Mommy please don't let me get in trouble for saying this word, but I am only saying it because I need to tell you what it is. PLEASE don't be mad but the word is 'stupid'." The entire time she is cringing as she is telling me this. Then she would go back to Adam and Eve and tell me how they were the first man and woman. She always brings a smile to my face. It has started to hit me how grown up she is becoming. She is just absorbing so much. It's awesome. Anyway, it made me feel good to come home and hear about her day and her stories.

3 comments:

mindy said...

ok....I'm trying....but what is asp???

Ashley B said...

Kylie and her daddy scared me today which made me laugh after I composed myself

WV Girl said...

An asp is a snake. I can't believe no one knows what it is. Paul didn't know either but I never really expected him to know. Now, you on the other hand....I guess I know because I do lots and lots of crossword puzzles.